New Hampshire Department of Education’s State Curriculum Frameworks includes the study of Native American history and culture, or people and their environments. A visit to the Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum can be the perfect way to enhance your students’ learning. Experiencing the museum with a trained educator will provide your students with information about, and a close examination of the daily lives and cultures of tribes across North America.
These Programs include:
- Story telling
- Essential Questions
- Web based teacher page for pre- and post program activities
- Assessment techniques and diagnostics, which include:
- New Hampshire Department of Education’s State Curriculum Frameworks
- Common Core Standards
- Standards for National Council for Social Studies
We can also add to your tour! Try a guided walk through our beautiful Medicine Woods, where there are over 100 species of plants that have been used for medicinal remedies, food, tools, or shelter. Your tour guide will explain the plants exhibited that were used then and now to create some of the items your students will experience in the museum.
* Guest passes, Groupons, or any discount passes are not valid for any special events, school tours, or other prearranged group tours.